Saturday, March 31, 2018

Why Did I Choose Stem?

"Is STEM really the strand for me?"
Credits: Hope Rising
     That's the first question that popped in my mind the moment I decided to enroll in the strand of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). I decided to choose STEM because it is the strand wherein the course that I would be taking in college is related which is Architecture. 
Credits: Dribbble
   This question bothered me the whole first semester of Grade 11. While solving different problems in Calculus and listening to Biology discussions, thoughts flooded my mind. "Why did I choose this strand?" "This is hard," I thought and even came to the point of planning to quit. But as the days went by, classes got dismissed, projects and assignments were submitted, and research was done, God helped me see the bright side. Great comfort and strength came upon me when I asked Him to be with me. Yes, Calculus problems were hard and some projects really pumped the energy out of me, but still here am I surviving to pass this strand with His unending grace and love.
    Sometimes I pictured myself enrolled in another strand like Accounting, Business and Management (ABM), Humanities and Social Sciences (HUMSS), and General Academic Strand (GAS), but the more I picture myself in those strands, the more I realize that they are not for me.
Being in STEM is hard with all those subjects, but loving this strand is making it easy for me. As I learn complicated things in Math and Science like Trigonometric Identities and many other formulas and theories, I also learned to make friends with my fellow classmates. These fellow STEM students is making the journey fun and exciting.
   Along the way, I know it will get tougher and harder, but it will also make me tougher and stronger.

24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your opinion being a Stem student and I do hope that to anybody who's taking these strand should be more like you. I'm loving and hating every minute being a Stem student but just like everyone else, I'm doing this for my family , friends, for me, and mostly for Him and is doing this because it is my dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this.This helped me decide on what strand I should really take because for months now I've been on the fence on what strand I'll take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright this is a very interesting topic regarding that i am an upcoming grade 11 student
    This will help me on my future especially i want to be an astronaut

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright this is a very interesting topic regarding that i am an upcoming grade 11 student
    This will help me on my future especially i want to be an astronaut

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright this is a very interesting topic regarding that i am an upcoming grade 11 student
    This will help me on my future especially i want to be an astronaut

    ReplyDelete
  7. May this be an enlightenment to all that is interested in treading this path called S.T.E.M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make your tita proud, pamangkin!

    ReplyDelete

Why Did I Choose Stem?

"Is STEM really the strand for me?" Credits: Hope Rising      That's the first question that popped in my mind the mo...